From February 18 – 23, 2018, during Study Break, volunteer for one-week in New Orleans, Louisiana. In 2005, 12 years ago, Hurricane Katrina devastated the Gulf Coast and flooded over 80% of New Orleans. Since that time, groups of students, Sisters of Charity and other volunteers have helped rebuild the homes lost to people in New Orleans.
- Giving back to the community; specifically giving back to those who are in need
- Good professional development experience
- Great for your resume
- Get to know more about the Sisters of Charity – Halifax and meet Mount students
- Experience a new city – New Orleans
No experience needed – just a desire to help and a willingness to live simply.
An information session is being held Monday, October 23, 2017 from 2:00-3:00pm in Seton, Auditorium A
- Email email@example.com to RSVP
- Attendance is not mandatory to register for the volunteer program, but highly recommended
Apply now. Deadline to apply is Monday, November 20, 2017. Space is limited; not all registrants may be admitted into the Living Charity Volunteer Program. Confirmation of admission will be communicated by Friday, November 24, 2017.
The Sisters of Charity – Halifax will subsidize this experience. Your total cost for airfare and accommodations will be $950. Click here for more information. Fees ($950) will be due in the form of cash or cheque by 12noon on Friday, December 1, 2017.